Trousers & Capri pants pattern – ÉCORCE
Écorce is a high waisted and semi-fitted trousers and Capri pants pattern. It closes with a fly front and with a hidden button and hook and bar inside the waistband. A welt pocket can be added at the back for a more finished look. Legs are marked with a permanent fold at the front, making these trousers ideal for a work wear outfit. The seams at the back of the legs follow your shapes perfectly and end with vents at the bottom, a small detail that makes a big difference.
Écorce is a simple and chic trousers pattern that can either be worn with a t-shirt and sneakers for a relaxed look or with a blouse and heels for a more elegant and work wear look.
Quickview PDF patternFeuillage is a shirt and shirt dress pattern. Its Mandarin collar gives a relaxed yet chic style. Similarly the shirt panels with different lengths and separated by vents, bring a Zen touch to the garment and create an interesting movement. Sleeves are sophisticated with lateral seam and vent. Sleeves come in 2 lengths. You can also go for a sleeveless version, and play with the different lengths of the shirt. There are multiple combinations to reach a garment to your taste.£11.00
What you get
The pattern comes in a digital format and includes:
- the A4 pattern (25 pages);
- the US letter pattern (31 pages);
- the A0 pattern (2 pages);
- a step by step instructions guide with detailed hand painted illustrations (12 pages).
All pattern PDFs allow you to print the size(s) you need thanks to the layer functionality in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Écorce is for intermediate level. It includes a fly front zip and a waistband. Optionally for the most daring, a welt pocket can be sewn at the back.
Measurements table (cm inches)
Height: 1.65m (5’5″)
Finished garment measurements (cm inches)
* Length from waistband to front hem
Waist 68cm (26″) – hips 92cm (36″) – height 1.58m (5’2″). I am wearing size B.
Fabric requirements (cm yards)
Version #1, Capri pants:
- – 150cm / 60” wide, size A to C: 1.2m / 1 ⅜ yds
- – 150cm / 60” wide, size D to H: 1.6m / 1 ¾ yds
- – 115cm / 45” wide, all sizes: 1.7m / 1 ⅞ yds
Version #2, trousers:
- – 150cm / 60” wide, size A to C: 1.5m / 1 ⅝ yds
- – 150cm / 60” wide, size D to H: 2.1m / 2 ¼ yds
- – 115cm / 45” wide, all sizes: 2.4m / 2 ⅝ yds
Medium weight fabrics such as: denim, cotton twill, gabardine, suiting fabric, tartan, corduroy. Écorce being semi-fitted trousers, prefer a fabric with a little bit of stretch, although it is not mandatory. In any case, we advise you to make a toile first in order to test the fit. Choose a fabric that presses well in order to make permanent folds at the front.
The blue sample displayed on this page is made in denim and the green one is made in cotton twill, both without stretch.
In order to sew this pattern you will need:
- – Interfacing, lighter than the fabric you choose. It will be used for the waistband, the front fly facing and the welt pocket (approximately 1.1m x 20cm).
- – Some lining for the front fly facing and pocket (approximately 30x30cm)
- – A 14cm zip
- – 1.5cm button
- – Waistband hook and bar