Camisole & slip dress pattern – DUNE
Dune is a camisole and a slip dress pattern. It has a loose fit which makes it comfortable to wear in any occasion. Its style is resolutely simple and elegant while relaxed and casual. This garment is very versatile: it can be worn on its own during the hot days as a chic top or dress; it can be worn as a second skin during colder weather under other layers. This is definitely a classic must have in one’s wardrobe.
What you get
The pattern comes in a digital format and includes:
- the A4 pattern (15 pages);
- the US letter pattern (15 pages);
- the A0 pattern (1 pages);
- a step by step instructions guide with detailed hand painted illustrations (8 pages).
All PDFs allow you to print the size(s) you need thanks to the layer functionality in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Dune is for beginners. There are 2 darts at the front and it offers two options to finish the neckline (with a facing, or with bias binding) as well as two options to finish the side seams (including French seams).
Measurements table (cm inches)
Height: from 1.65m (5’5″)
Dune has been designed from a B-cup pattern block.
Finished garment measurements (cm inches)
Length from neckline to front hem: 43cm / 17” for the cami top and 71cm / 28” for the slip dress.
84 (33″) – 68 (26″) – 92 (36″) and 1.58m tall (5’2″). I am wearing size B.
Fabric requirements (m yards)
Version #1, cami top:
- – 150cm / 60” wide: 0.90m / 1 yd (sizes A to D) or 1.20m / 1 ⅜ yd (sizes E to H)
- – 115cm / 45” wide: 1.40m / 1 ½ yd
Version #2, slip dress:
- – 150cm / 60” wide: 1.10m / 1 ¼ yd (sizes A to C) or 1.70m / 1 ⅞ yd (sizes D to H)
- – 115cm / 45” wide: 1.9m / 2 ⅛ yds
Light weight fabrics with drape such as: cotton lawn, linen, crêpe de chine, silk, rayon, satin, etc. The samples displayed on this page are made of silk, crêpe and cotton lawn.
In order to sew this pattern you will need:
- Interfacing, lighter than the fabric you choose. It will be used for the facing (approximately 70cm x 30cm).
- Or bias binding if you wish to finish the neckline with bias instead of a facing.
- Ribbon if you wish to make the straps with ribbon.