Culottes and trousers pattern – MIRAGE
Mirage is a wrap trousers pattern. It ties at the front and at the back and features two different style depending on which side is tied first. Cut at the ankle or longer to wear with heels, these trousers are relaxed yet stylish. The wide legs provide high freedom of movement and comfort. While covering the legs, the overlapping panels allow a lot of breathability especially welcome during hot days.
What you get
The pattern comes in a digital format and includes:
- the A4 pattern (18 pages);
- the US letter pattern (18 pages);
- the A0 pattern (1 pages);
- a step by step instructions guide with detailed hand painted illustrations (7 pages).
All PDFs allow you to print the size(s) you need thanks to the layer functionality in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Mirage trousers pattern is for beginners. There are two darts at the front and at the back and it has a single seam as well as a double waistband with ties to knot.
Measurements table (cm inches)
Height: 1.65m (5’5″)
Finished garment measurements (cm inches)
* The trousers are wrapped in 2 panels and tied with 2 waistbands
** Length between waistband and hem
Waist 68cm (26″) – hips 92cm (36″) – height 1.58m (5’2″). I am wearing size B.
Fabric requirements (cm yards)
Version #1, culotte pants:
- – 150cm / 60” wide: 2.40m / 2 ½ yds
- – 115cm / 45” wide – sizes A to E: 2.60m / 3 yds
Version #2, long trousers:
- – 150cm / 60” wide: 2.80m / 3 ¼ yds
- – 115cm / 45” wide – sizes A to E: 3m / 3 ¼ yds
Woven fabric such as: cotton, chambray, linen, viscose, double crepe. The samples displayed on this page are made in linen.
- Interfacing, lighter than the fabric you choose. It will be used for the waistbands (approximately 1m x 10cm).