- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Dress and blouse pattern – PAULETTE
Paulette is the ultimate Peter Pan collar dress or blouse! Inspired by one of my grandmother dresses, it is a beautiful vintage and feminine dress for big (and smaller) occasions. It is pregnancy friendly thanks to its beautiful empire line. Among other things, the pattern features a maxi Peter Pan collar, a sexy front keyhole, cap sleeves, and a gathered skirt. It closes on the side with an invisible zipper.
The pattern includes:
- the A4 pattern (24 pages);
- the US letter pattern (26 pages);
- the A0 pattern (2 pages);
- a step by step instructions guide with detailed hand painted illustrations (12 pages).
All PDFs allow you to print the size(s) you need thanks to the layer functionality in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Paulette dress and blouse is an intermediate level pattern. The bodice is fitted and could require a full bust adjustment if you are not a B-cup. Sewing the Peter Pan collar and lining are the most delicate parts.
A glossary is available on the website at www.camimade.com/glossary.
Measurements table (cm inches)
Height: 1.65m / 5’5”
The pattern has been drafted from a B-cup size.
Finished garment measurements (cm inches)
* The empire line of the blouse / dress sits at the rib cage.
** Length at the centre front between the neckline and the top of the skirt.
** Length at the centre front between the neckline and the hem (once sewn)
Bust 84cm (33″) – rib cage 77cm (30 ½“) – waist 85cm (33 ½“) – hips 91cm (35 ⅞“) – 1.58m tall (5’2”). I made all the samples in size B.
Suggested fabrics (m yards)
Light weight fabric with a good amount of drape like viscose crepe, crepe de Chine, cotton lawn, coton sateen, etc.
- Dress : 2.50m x 150cm / 2 ¾ yds x 60” OR 2.70m x 115cm / 3 yds x 45”
- Blouse : 1.70m x 150cm / 1 ¾ yds x 60” OR 1.90m x 115cm / 2 yds x 45”
Light weight and stable fabric like cotton voile. The lining will be used to line the bodice, and if your main fabric is slightly too thick, you should also use it for the under collar.
- 50cm x 150cm / ½ yd x 60” (+30cm / ⅜ yd for the under collar) OR 80cm x 115cm / ⅞ yd x 45”
Samples shown in the pictures
- – A concealed zip approximately 30-40cm / 12’’-16’’ long
- – Interfacing, lighter than the fabric for the under collar: 40 x 70 cm / ⅜ x ¾ yd
- – 1-2cm wide bias binding : 2 x 40cm / 2 x 16’’ (you might need less depending on your size) cut in the main fabric, in the lining fabric or in another fabric of your choice. It can be already made bias binding.
- – To close the collar, a 0.7cm / 3/8’’ wide button if that is the chosen option (the other option is to close the collar with ties).